by Josh Hamel
Ubisoft has announced there will be three separate Assassin’s Creed III special editions to choose from when the game is released this October.
The top-tier version is called the Freedom Edition and includes:
- A 24-cm figurine of Connor
- A steel book case with art drawn by award-winning comic artist Alex Ross
- George Washington’s notebook, which reveals all the truth & secrets about the assassins and the Templars during the American Revolution
- Exclusive lithograph
- The single-player mission The Lost Mayan Ruins, in which Connor’s mission leads him in an old Mayan pyramid, full of mysteries and revelations
- The single-player mission The Ghost of War, which shows how the tide of the Revolution turns in the Templar’s favor and includes the Pontiac’s war club, a powerful Native American weapon that can be unlocked
- The Sharpshooter multiplayer package, which lets players unleash the Sharpshooter fury in multiplayer with one new character (the Sharpshooter), one relic, one emblem, one special picture and the Title of the Jester.
The next version is called the Join or Die Edition and includes:
- The medallion of the assassins with high-quality curd ladle
- George Washington’s notebook
- The single player-mission The Ghost of War, along with the Pontiac’s war club
- The Sharpshooter multiplayer package
The final version is simply called the Special Edition and includes special packaging of the retail game, along with an exclusive single-player mission entitled A Dangerous Secret and the opportunity to unlock a flintlock musket.
It should be noted these editions have only been announced for European territories, but you can bet Ubisoft will be bringing something similar to the U.S.
Which version are you most interested in picking up when the game is released October 30?